Thursday, November 9, 2017

F O Friday

I went through a bucket of UFO (that’s UnFinished Objects) this week.  I asked myself if each would be more fun to finish or more fun to do something else.  Most of the art dolls got tossed.  There was one that did get finished.  The doll body was in a goodie bag I got at a gathering called Artfest over 10 years ago.  It was kind of a do it yourself souvenir.  You dug through things you brought with you and from this whole crazy room of things people donated. This is the result which I call Tulip.

She has bloomers encrusted with sequins.  Her funky granny boots were crocheted with some hand spun someone gave me.  She was fun and will remind me of my last visit to Seattle.

I gave up on the pillow I was working on, mostly because it should be done all with one yarn weight. A little sport weight here, some DK there, and mystery hand spun just would not work.  So I found another pattern and ordered yarn for it.  So much for stash busting.

I did use up leftovers from an afghan to make these boots.

I don’t know what’s next.  There are several basket kits, but they require soaking materials first.  I have a new shawl kit, but want to save it for Ravellenics.  Back to my Ravelry Favorites list for inspiration.

No comments: